At Strand Trading LLC, we prioritize delivering precise descriptions and information about our exported products. Our dedicated team not only ensures compliance with world-standard definitions but also conducts rigorous testing to guarantee product consistency.

Basmati Rice: A Culinary Treasure

Basmati, pronounced [‘bɑːsmət̪iː], is a variety of long, slender-grained aromatic rice traditionally grown in the Indian subcontinent, predominantly in India, Pakistan, and Nepal. As of 2019, India contributed 65% to the global basmati rice trade, with Pakistan accounting for the remaining 35%. Geographically exclusive to certain districts of India and Pakistan, basmati rice must meet specific criteria, including a minimum average precooked milled rice length of 6.61 mm and an average precooked milled rice breadth of up to 2 mm, as per the Indian Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA).

India leads in basmati rice production, with over 70% of the world’s output. Efforts are being made to increase organic basmati rice cultivation, particularly in Punjab, India. Regions with geographical indications for basmati rice production in India include Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Uttarakhand, Western Uttar Pradesh, and Jammu and Kashmir.

India’s total basmati production for the July 2011 – June 2012 crop year was five million tonnes, and from April 2018 to March 2019, India exported 4.4 million metric tons of basmati rice. Notably, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and the UAE were the three largest destinations for India’s basmati rice exports in 2015–2016, accounting for more than half of India’s total basmati exports.
According to the Canadian Diabetes Association, basmati rice, along with brown, wild, short, and long-grain rice, has a medium glycemic index, making it a more suitable choice for diabetics compared to certain other grains and products made from white flour.

Nice Rice: The Art of Memorable Branding

The branding choice of “Nice Rice” reflects a strategic use of rhyming names, known for their effectiveness in enhancing brand memorability. Rhyming names are easier to remember, creating a stronger connection in the brain. In addition to being memorable, rhyming names can evoke a sense of fun and playfulness, fostering a positive emotional association with the brand. In the food and beverage industry, where enjoyment and pleasure are paramount, such branding strategies can be particularly effective.
The name “Nice Rice” carries a playful resonance and aligns with the positive and enjoyable experience associated with the consumption of quality basmati rice. The incorporation of Henna, a symbol of good luck, love, and prosperity in Indian culture, adds a memorable and iconic visual dimension to the brand, enriching its cultural significance.
At Strand Trading LLC, we are committed to not only providing exceptional products but also creating memorable brand experiences that resonate with our customers.